Entries in desk (1)
Monday, June 4, 2012 at 2:04PM
Dana W. in Maryland asks "How can I sneak in a workout at work?"
There are several ways you can get those bonus moves in at work, without anyone knowing!
- Wear ankle weights under your jeans for a few hours each day. If you have the space, you can do leg extentions under your desk or hamstring curls under your chair. You can vary this up by doing single leg, alternating reps or both legs at the same time.
- Sit on a stability ball! Not only is this a fun-looking alternative, it will ensure proper posture and engage your core the entire day. If you have your own office, you may even be able to crank out a quick 20 crunches.
- Every time you take a bathroom break, challenge yourself to 20, 30 or even 50 standing squats before you leave the stall. You can also do calf raises or wall push ups (beware of germies though and make sure to wash your hands)
- Take the stairs. For a little more burn, take every other stair.
- Squeeze your booty while you are seated in your office chair... both cheeks or one cheek at a time ;)
- Utilize your lunch break and hit the gym!
- Instead of a coffee break, go outside for a brisk 15 minute walk (and maybe put those ankle weights on too)